By Hubert H. Lamb
Read or Download Climate, History and the Modern World PDF
Best human geography books
We are living in a global that's more and more prone to climatic shocks - affecting agriculture and undefined, executive and overseas exchange, let alone human well-being and happiness. severe anxieties were aroused by means of revered scientists caution of dire perils which could end result from upsets of the climatic regime.
Because the early Nineteen Nineties, governments and improvement firms became more and more preoccupied with the pursuit of nearby competitiveness. besides the fact that, there's significant confusion round what precisely nearby competitiveness potential, the way it should be accomplished, even if and the way it may be measured, and if it is a significant and applicable aim for nearby economies.
This volume highlights women's paintings maintaining neighborhood economies and environments, quite based on the present nutrients, gas and weather crises. It comprises women's position within the eco-friendly entrepreneurship, women's reproductive and effective paintings within the care financial system, and another exam of eco feminist debates.
The idea that of territorial stigma, as built largely by means of the city sociologist Loïc Wacquant, contends that convinced teams of individuals are devalued, discredited and tainted through the attractiveness of where the place they live. This e-book argues that this concept is extra correct and complete than others which were used to border and comprehend ostracised neighbourhoods and their populations (for instance segregation and the racialisation of position) and enables an inclusive interpretation of the various spatial features of marginalisation procedures.
- The Geography of Underdevelopment: A Critical Survey (Routledge Library Editions: Development)
- Border Encounters: Asymmetry and Proximity at Europe's Frontiers
- Rural-Urban Dynamics: Livelihoods, mobility and markets in African and Asian frontiers (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- Urbanisation and Inequalities in a Post-Malthusian Context: Challenges for the Sustainable Development Agenda (SpringerBriefs in Population Studies)
- Rethinking Global Urbanism: Comparative Insights from Secondary Cities (Routledge Advances in Geography)
- Die bilateralen Konflikte an der thailändisch-malaysischen Grenze (German Edition)
Extra info for Climate, History and the Modern World
Climate, History and the Modern World by Hubert H. Lamb